Tuesday 17 February 2015

Make Up Forever Fifty Shades of Grey Collection

It's another chilly Tuesday, so it's time for a new beauty review. I haven't read the books or seen the movie, but I did try the Make Up Forever Fifty Shades of Grey Collection. It is limited edition and available for purchase at Sephora. There are three sets in the collection titled, Give in to Me Makeup Set, Desire Me Cheek Set and the Tease Me Lip Set in the Innocent Nude or Passionate Berry Trio.





In the Give In To Me Set  there is a 4 Artist Shadow Palette, Graphic Eyeliner, Smoky Extravagant Mascara, Rouge Artist Natural Lipstick and a Lab Shine Lip Gloss and a makeup look guide all inside a black keepsake case with a large mirror and special secret side compartment. The shades in the palette include a champagne, bronze, greyish taupe and a khaki green. They aren't colours that I normally gravitate towards, however you can create natural to smoky looks with them. The shadows are very pigmented and go on very easily. The graphic eyeliner is a felt tip pen style and fantastic for winged liner. I was pleasantly surprised by the mascara and found that it curled, lengthened and separated my lashes. The lipstick in N4 is a wonderful everyday warm neutral shade, and the gloss is sheer and shimmery.



From the Give In To Me set: 4 Artist Shadow Palette in I-625, S-556, ME-612 and I-514, Graphic eyeliner, Rouge Artist Natural Lipstick in N4, Lab Shine Lipstick in D14 and Smoky Extravagant Mascara (not swatched.)


The Desire Me set includes a 3 Artist Shadow Palette, travel sized 150W angled blush brush and a pink satin lined black velvet bag. Two of the shades in the artist palette are described as shadows and one as blush, but I like to use them all as blushes and a highlighter. They go on fairly sheer, especially the rosy gold tone, so it requires some layering. I love the highlighter and it works well on the high planes of the face and as a brow highlight. The brush is soft and cute and works well with all three shades.

Finally, in the Tease Me Passionate Berry Lip Trio there is another shade of Lab Shine Lip Gloss, an Aqua Rouge Waterproof Liquid Lip Colour and an Aqua Lip Waterproof Lip Liner Pencil. The gloss is a pretty shimmery pink that is sheer so it can be worn alone or over lip liner and lipstick. I felt that the Aqua Rouge was really easy to apply and they're not kidding when they say it's waterproof, it really stayed put. I did prefer to wear it with the clear gloss that it comes with versus alone. One of my new favourites is the Aqua Lip Waterproof Lip Liner. I love the colour and the way it applied.




From the Desire Me and Tease Me sets: 3 Artist Shadow Palette in S-748, I-808 and I-526, Aqua Rouge Lip Colour in 50 and Clear, Aqua Lip Waterproof Liner 10C Matte Raspberry and Lab Shine Gloss in D4 Shimmering Grenadine




I was very happy to have tried the Make Up Forever Fifty Shades of Grey Collection since I found a couple new favourites out of it. I hope you enjoyed the review. What do you think of the collection?

No comments:

Post a Comment