Monday 9 February 2015

Cover FX Illuminating Primer

I had been searching for a new primer to try and discovered the new Cover FX Illuminating Primer. It is vegan and free from paraben, talc, gluten, fragrance and mineral oil. It is meant to add a glow to the skin and eliminate dull skin over time for a brighter looking appearance.


My first impressions of the primer were that it felt lightweight on my skin and did provide a nice, natural, healthy looking glow to my face. It would be pretty on it's own to brighten up the skin or of course under makeup. Normally my skin is combination, however it's been very dehydrated and dull looking lately, so I was looking for a primer with some illumination.

I tried it under a couple of different foundations to test the look of my skin, and how well they glided on over the primer. Under the Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation there was still a bit of a glow that came through. That foundation is full coverage and very matte. I also tried it under Makeup Forever HD Foundation which is more natural and a medium to full coverage. The Cover FX gave a really pretty illumination to my face. I did find that midday I needed a bit of powder around my nose, but still really enjoyed how it looked. Both foundations went on really well over top of the primer. I feel that it made a difference in application and appearance. Once the warmer months hit I will likely need a more mattifying primer, but this is ideal for how my skin is now.

Overall I was very happy with how it made my skin look, especially on these chilly winter days where I live in Canada. I really love that it's light and I don't feel it once I've applied it. I am interested to see if my skin's appearance really does improve over time with continued use. Until next time, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment