Sunday 4 January 2015

Makeup Revolution Review

Happy New Year! I hope you had a wonderful, fun time during the holidays. Today's review is about a brand that I discovered by watching a You Tube video from Shaaanxo called Makeup Revolution. They are a new affordable brand of cosmetics from London, England that launched in March 2014 with a very large range of products to choose from. I purchased a bunch of items for a great price. The order process was easy and the shipping was very reasonable. My order arrived in great time especially since it was the holiday season.



I purchased two palettes with eighteen shadows called Colour Chaos and the Limited Edition Holographic Dia De Los Muertos, a set of four I Heart Makeup palettes ( may be pronounced I love) that included lipsticks, five Salvation Velvet Lacquers, two Lip Hug lipsticks and the Ultra Sculpt and Contour Kit in Ultra Fair.

The eye shadows in the I Heart Makeup sets have a nice range of colours that work well together and have really good payoff. The lipsticks go on smoothly and compliment the shadows. I was extremely impressed with them and excited to have gotten all four for a great deal. The matte shadows in the Colour Chaos and Dia De Los Muertos palettes are somewhat sheer but buildable and the shimmer shades are more pigmented. They both come with a long double-ended sponge tip applicator and large mirror. The Ultra Sculpt & Contour Kit with bronzer, shimmer blush and highlighter has good colour payoff and the shades are flattering to my skin tone.




The Lip Hug lipsticks are a new formula for Makeup Revolution. The texture of the Lip Hug lipsticks are creamy and the colours are pretty, but I wasn't crazy about the fragrance-like smell and taste. I found the Salvation Velvet Lacquers to glide on easily and deliver a nice matte finish with long wear.

Overall, I was quite impressed and pleased with my purchases and am looking forward to playing around and creating new looks with everything. If you're wanting to check them out then you can got their website http://www.makeuprevolutionstore.com/ and take a look around. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment